Dr. Ravneet Chawla, Senior Assistant Professor, from the Department of Higher Education, Chandigarh Administration, Chandigarh, India.is presently, faculty in Government College of Education, affiliated to Panjab University (PU), Sector 20, Chandigarh, the City Beautiful. Her qualifications are:
- M.Sc. in Child Development, 1989, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- B.Ed. 1990, Panjab University, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- M.Ed. 1991, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab
- Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Family Counseling, 2009, Panjab University
- Ph.D. in Education, 2009, Panjab University, Chandigarh (on counseling program for the mothers of trainable intellectually disabled, to measure their vocational performance)
She has been an NCC (National Cadet Core) National Level Cadet of excellence (1984-87), N.S.S. (National Service Scheme) Volunteer as a student, NSS Program officer as a teacher, a multifaceted performer, both as a student and as a teacher.
- Commendation by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Census, Chandigarh Administration, 2001 (for a dedicated work and being an early bird to accomplish the task given).
- State Award by the Chandigarh Administration on Teachers’ Day, September 2002 (awarded for contribution to the education system, being a compassionate person as a teacher and a colleague, and for being actively involved in co-curricular activities).
- Merit Certificate for standing first in Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Family Counselling, 2008-09 from the Panjab University.
- Early Career Scholarship as a Travel Grant and Fee Waiver – to Attend International Workshop, Biennial Conference of ISSBD, and Present Research at Lusaka, Zambia, ISSBD Conference, July 2010
- Second Prize in National Seminar, Women and Rural Development: Critical Issues; Poster Presentation at PAU, Ludhiana in May 2-3, 2012.
- Early Career Scholarship as a Travel Grant and Fee Waiver to attend International Workshop, Biennial Conference of ISSBD, and Present Research at Shanghai, China, ISSBD Conference, July 6 (International Workshop), July 7-12,2014 (Biennial Conference).
- Best Paper Award at the MAKE IN INDIA: Strategic Endeavors Towards ‘Make in India’ National Seminar at PU, Chandigarh on March 24, 2015.
Dr. Ravneet Chawla has been teaching for last about 29 years. She worked in Chandigarh government schools for 12 years, the experience that she believes enriched her understanding of the teacher learner relation, community linkages, and strengths and gaps in the curricula. She has been teaching in Government Home Science College, Chandigarh (also affiliated to PU) at UG/PG Levels in the subjects related to Child/Human Development and Family relations (HDFR) since April 2003 till Mid July 2018, and presently teaching Education related subjects to the B.Ed. students in Government College of Education, Chandigarh. She has Ph.D. students enrolled with her in HDFR and in Education. Her research work has been presented at various national and international academic conferences within India and on International platforms (22 Conferences, 25 workshops and 10 seminars). She has delivered invited lectures to UCONN-ISIPAR Center, and at the Department of HDFS, Penn State Scranton besides various institutions in India. She is trainer of trainer for Disaster Management, Women Capacity Building, and other need based Capacity programs for Social Welfare and Teacher Training Programs. She has published an edited book “Life Lessons and Life Skills” which speaks of interesting proactive people who are self driven to construct life, besides other coauthored books on research work. Her interest is in qualitative research and in interpreting human behavior, relationships, interpersonal behavior, issues pertaining to women, perceptions of adolescents and young adults towards life. Ravneet loves to travel and meet people from diverse backgrounds to nurture herself as a human being.